Thursday, July 21, 2011

Zach Braff Not Gay, Despite What His Website Says

Zach Braff Not Gay, Despite What His Website Says

Fans of actor Zach Braff were surprised to read an announcement on his website Wednesday morning that he was "an open member of the homosexual community" -- but not nearly as surprised as Braff himself. The Scrubs star subsequently revealed that his website had been hacked, and he was still happily dating British model Taylor Bagley (who is, as far as we can tell, female).

TMZ has a screen cap of the fake site update, which was posted by a hacker at 3 a.m. on Wednesday morning. In a note addressed to his "loyal fans," fake-Braff claims that he has been "hiding a secret inside me for too long."

The statement continues: "The human mind can only bare so much before it explodes in emotions and well ... it is time to let the world know. I am excited and proud to announce that I am an open member of the homosexual community.

"This is not news to those closest to me, and I honor that they have kept it a secret for such a long time," fake-Braff adds. "This doesn't change anything. I am still Zach Braff and I am the same man I've always been, gay or not."

The note is sort of a boilerplate of all the celebrity coming-out announcements in the past few years, but we doubt it fooled many actual Braff fans; the actor's distinct sense of humor was nowhere to be found. (The hacker's sense of humor leaves something to be desired, too. Calling somebody gay as a practical joke? What are they, 12?)

Sure enough, Braff posted a charming denial on his official Facebook page. "My old website got hacked. Someone issued a 'coming out' statement on my behalf. I'm still straight and in love with my girlfriend," writes the 36-year-old actor. "But not too straight; I still love musicals, brunch and Doogie Howser."

To appease Scrubs fans, Braff added that he also loves costar Donald Faison: "My Mocha-Bear. He's like a Taye Diggs latte." He then embedded the video below, a relevant clip from the Scrubs musical episode title "Guy Love," saying, "This song is my official statement." Well-played, J.D.!



Braff's website now points to the website of Second Stage Theatre in New York City, which is currently showing Zach's new off-Broadway play All Good People.

 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/zach-braff-not-gay-despite-what-his-website-says/1-a-366157

Kate Groombridge Kate Hudson Kate Mara Kate Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment