Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ryan Reynolds Reflects on Scarlett Johansson Split, Ponders Future


Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson split in December. Since then, he's had a lot of time to reflect, and while that's helped, it hasn't been easy.

"Anyone who gets divorced goes through a lot of pain, but you come out of it," the Green Lantern actor tells the new issue of Details magazine.

"I'm not out of it yet. At all," he admits, and though he notes he still has "optimism" for the future, "I don't think I want to get married again."

Ryan Reynolds in Details

"Any kind of crisis can be good," he muses of his sad split. "It wakes you up. I gotta say, I'm a different person than I was six months ago."

"You always reevaluate these things, but I'm very happy not to be in a relationship right now. I didn't plan on it, for sure, but that's okay."

Dating "just seems so kind of alien to me at this point," he explains to the mag. "I've been in relationships pretty much since high school."

Of his relationship history, he adds, "Some people look at that as a good thing. I think wiser people might see that as a house of cards."

Although he refuses to get into specifics about Johansson, who is now dating Sean Penn, he praises how they ended their two-year marriage:

"Departing a relationship and still maintaining the idea that this is still the same person I married is a great luxury that I experienced. Thankfully I was in a relationship where two people chose to remain on the high road in every regard."

For now, he's relishing his work in Safe House, which demands stunts and intense emotional scenes. "I cried 26 times yesterday," he says.

It'll be okay, Ry. It really will.

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/05/ryan-reynolds-reflects-on-scarlett-johansson-split-ponders-futur/

Vanessa Hudgens Vanessa Marcil Vanessa Minnillo Vanessa Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment