Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Katherine Schwarzenegger: I'm "Way Closer to My Mom"

Katherine Schwarzenegger: I'm "Way Closer to My Mom"

Katherine Schwarzenegger, the eldest daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, breaks her silence on her parents' divorce in the new issue of Harper's Bazaar. Not only does the firstborn of the famous duo say she fled to London after her parents announced their separation, she also reveals that she's "always been way closer" to her mom.

The intimate interview with Schwarzenegger, 21, comes on the heels of her father sporting a controversial T-shirt that said "I Survived Maria" on Sunday.  Her parents are currently amidst divorce proceedings that were made public after the former California governor confirmed in May that he'd fathered a child with a family housekeeper.

Schwarzenegger does not discuss her younger half-brother in the story, but she does admit she's in constant contact with her mother. "I talk to my mom about six times a day, and we constantly e-mail in between that," she says. "People say that I'm her twin. I guess it would be the Kennedy genes."

A rising senior at the University of Southern California, Schwarzenegger says she hopes to follow in her mother's footsteps as a broadcast journalist, ideally for the Today show, after graduating with her communications degree. She also plans to write a follow-up to her best-selling self-help book for teens, Rock What You've Got, which was released last year.

Despite the "very difficult times" her family is experiencing, Schwarzenegger says she remains optimistic: "I really do believe everything happens for a reason."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/katherine-schwarzenegger-im-way-closer-my-mom/1-a-371788

Simone Mütherthies Sofía Vergara Soft Cell Sophia Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment