Sunday, March 13, 2011

Martha Stewart's Daughter Is a Mom -- But Don't Call Martha "Grandma!"

Martha Stewart's Daughter Is a Mom -- But Don't Call Martha "Grandma!"

Martha Stewart is a grandmother!

Stewart’s only child, Alexis, 45, has welcomed a daughter of her own via a gestational carrier. Alexis announced on her radio show Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer that baby Jude was born Tuesday -- and that her famously crafty mom has no plans of being an ordinary grandmother.

"Martha is going to be called ‘Martha,'" the new mom said. "She seemed to have no problem with it… I was like, 'Do you really want to be 'Grandma'? I don’t like the term grandma!"

The radio host said her mogul mom, 69, is already spoiling baby Jude. "She was born at 1 in the morning… and (Martha) brings this huge box from Bergdorf (Goodman)," she said. "I open it up and I look inside and it’s full of baby clothes, all with embroidery, and I’m like, 'Wow, I guess I’m going to be allowed to buy myself something pretty nice because all this stuff’s going back!'"

"If the kid can’t see it, why the $100 (clothes)?" she quipped. "Only books -- child appropriate or whatever. That’s the only thing that I want. No toys please!"

With her typical sass, Stewart refused to disclose too many personal details about her baby girl. "You’re not getting her weight and length," she said. "It’s rude!"

Like This? Read These:
- Martha Stewart's Granddaughter Will Call Her "Martha!" What Will the Kids Call Your Parents?
- PHOTOS: Oh, Babies! Celebs' New Arrivals

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/martha-stewarts-daughter-mom-dont-call-martha-grandma/1-a-331454

Ashley Tappin Ashley Tisdale Asia Argento Aubrey ODay

No comments:

Post a Comment